Saturday, May 2, 2020

Harry's Last Week in Japan 2019

My Documenting Japan class (spring 2019) student, Harry Weldie, made a film about his last week in Japan. He has recently re-edited it and sent it to me.

In his film description, Harry writes:

For 5 months of my life I lived in a country on the other side of our planet. A country with many amazing sights, traditions, food, and people.

During those months I had a lot of normal days.

I'm tired of fomo-bait travel documentation. I wanted to shoot a film that plainly displays the last week that I spent in Japan, one of normalcy and quiet anticipation for the flight home. This is that film.


I think the film is timely now in that we all miss the normalcy of the recent past. And I'm very sorry that my current students will not have these kind of normal (yet special and important) experiences.

Thank you, Harry!


No comments: