Monday, April 1, 2019

Jalan Jalan (46) [SPECIAL BAKA]: A trip to the Immigrations turns into a wandering around Cosmo Square...


I had been putting off the long journey to Cosmo Square to take care of some business at the Immigration Office for some time. When I finally went it turned out to be a wild goose change. Procedures had changed and so I didn't have to do what I thought I had to to do. A wasted trip. But why not turn a wasted trip into a Jalan Jalan SPECIAL, albeit a baka one...


So off in the distance I saw this Intex Osaka complex and thought something interesting must be there...


What I found was a huge event complex without much going on. Except in one corner there was a long line of young women. What were they waiting for?



It turned out to be an "individual high touch event" to commemorate the release of a single by a Korean idol group Monsta X: MONSTA X、日本5作目のシングル『Shoot Out』One of the fans gave me a flyer with this image of the band.


Here is their new video... For ethnographic purposes only - no endorsement or recommendation intended...



Next, I headed for some tall buildings...


I entered the Osaka Prefectural Government Sakishima Building, also known as Cosmo Tower.


Here I was able to go to an observation deck on the 55th floor for a 360 degree panoramic view. And a snack of tako yaki and chu-hai.


Ahhh the view...


And here's one of Intex Osaka from 55 stories up...



The cafe had some Christian and unicorn themes going on...


Nice, spacious barrier-free restroom made you feel you were up in the clouds...


Time to go...



No comments: