Wednesday, July 5, 2023

VAoJ S2023RT Arc: Work continues after the game (6/25/23)

The first izakaya... A neigborhood shop catering to Baystars fans. I wasn't so fond of the menu (lots of pork liver and other intestinal dishes) or the atmosphere...
But I did like this altar of sorts...

Note: Yamato Maeda played for the Hanshin Tigers from 2009 to 2017 and was very popular. His cheering song included the melody from the anime classic Space Battleship Yamato (宇宙戦艦ヤマト, Uchū Senkan Yamato; known to me as the English dubbed Star Blazers growing up the USA). He started playing for the Baystars in 2018 and is popular there, although he doesn't play as much these days.

Disclaimer: This photo is modified, doctored or changed (whatever term you want to use). The original button was white and I couldn't get rid of the glaring light on it in the photo. I couldn't find a photo of the button, so I used a different one. Is visual anthropology an art or a science? Both. And the visual anthropologist should be honest. Even if the photo was modified for artistic purposes it is still scientific data. I beleive the meaning and symbolism of the photo and what is represents is still pretty much the same.
The second izakaya... Even though this is a chain shop, it was still pleasant, comfortable, friendy, delicious and seemed to have many regular customers 8 as well as some new ones who attened the baseball game earlier. I was given free edamame when I got there. The mayo yaki soba was especially good.

No comments: