Monday, June 21, 2010

Weird Globalization?


So there I was, at a Mexican restaurant in Cologne, Germany, eating Mexican food and drinking a southern-USA cocktail, brought to me by a waiter from Egypt while watching Argentina and Nigeria play in the world cup being telecast live from South Africa (with the loud vuvuzela in the background). Later I met a German architect who recently came back from China and we watched the USA vs. England match. Photo taken with my Japanese cell phone.

Really I am thinking such things as this are not so weird or uncommon anymore. And is globalization really the correct term to be using here? What isn't weird and/or globalization these days?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, perhaps because the world is getting smaller and smaller at each ticking minute.

Rgs,
Dee