Sunday, June 26, 2022

A sad farewell to an old friend and a warm welcome to a new one...

My Nikon D-700 (purchased in 2010) is officially retiring. We shared so many adventures together. The small pins in the memory card slot got bent in March, 2020, just moments before we were to go out and shoot during the final week of Tenbun. I was finally able to purchase a replacement, the Nikon D-850, this month. I hope it serves me just as well. As the D-700 was purchased with research funds from the university and is officially their property (as is the D-850), I must return it to the university after purchasing a replacement. Since it can't be used again, I wish I could keep it on my shelf so it can look down on me and grant its photo-blessings... D-700, ごくらさまでした! D-850, どうぞよろしくお願いします!
The family is sorry to see you leave...

No comments: