Sunday, September 1, 2019

Yokohama Chinatown: Selected Shots (and the end of the Tokyo trip arc...)


Another bright spot on my recent Tokyo trip - getting out of Tokyo and checking out Yokohama Chinatown for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Tokyo (I am not a hater...). But it is not one of my favorite cities. There's a lot of interesting and good places to go to in Tokyo. But I have always needed such a goal. Wandering around Tokyo has never really worked for me (as it has in other big cities). And I don't know how to explain it, but there was a sense of relief as my train left Tokyo and entered Yokohama...

If you haven't seen the whole arc, please do:

ANNOUNCEMENT:「Tachinomiya: Photo Exhibition as Post-Fieldwork Encounter」- Society for East Asian Anthropology Regional Conference 2019 in Tokyo

Post-Conference Blues -and- Dealing with the Best and Worst of Tokyo...

FUJIYA Tenugui (hand towel) Shop - Art/Encyclopedia

Izakaya 「Daruma」in Monzen-Nakacho

Tsukiji Fish Market Circa 2011 (special prequel)

The New Toyosu Fish Market in Tokyo - still the biggest in the world!

A Serendipitous, Quick Shot From My Taxi: New National Stadium for Tokyo 2020 Olympics (right next to Meiji Jingu Stadium)

(A bright spot in Tokyo...): Meiji Jingu Stadium - selected shots...

Barrier-free/Handicapped Restrooms Have Become Luxurious Uber-Universal Design... at least at this certain hotel somewhere in Tokyo

Shinjuku-Kabuki-cho: Selected Shots

And now for the Yokohama Chinatown shots:


And then my camera broke again... (The lens doesn't seem to want to connect to the camera body when it gets too hot - and Yokohama was hot!) Anyway, I only had a short time in Yokohama. I look forward to going there again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get a chance to catch a Baystars home game?