Saturday, October 27, 2012

2012 秋祭り(Fall Festival)


Autumn has finally arrived with lower temperatures, the smell of burning leaves and the sounds of local fall festivals. Two years ago I had the opportunity to follow the danjiri/cart around in my neighborhood fall festival and take photos. Since then I have participated in more community events and met some of my neighbors. This year I followed the danjiri around for most of the two days as it went around to bestow blessings on the neighborhood. It was definitely an event to bring the community together. I feel since I am getting to know these people and the nature of the event better, my photos this time around are more personal. What do you think? These are some of my favorite shots. You can click on the links below to see more photos from both days.


 

Click here for Day 1 photos.

Click here for Day 2 photos.

Click here for 2010 photos.

No comments: